Learn About the Things Tested in a Water Quality Test
Since our livelihood depends on the potability our water, it’s important we have ways to test its purity. You know the importance of staying hydrated, but you don’t want your family drinking harmful contaminants when trying to take in those 8 glasses a day. At Kaiser-Battistone, we care about our customers and offer free testing to determine whether your home could use some improvements when it comes to your water.
What Do We Test?
- Hardness – Hard water doesn’t react well with soaps and causes hard water scale in your pipes.
- Iron – This may leave brown stains on your sink and clothes.
- Manganese – This creates black stains similar to iron.
- PH – The acidity can cause corrosion.
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) – Minerals like sodium, potassium, and sulfate can deposit in your plumbing.
- Color – Color is affected by materials that have dissolved in the water.
- Nitrates – A presence of nitrates could indicate water contamination.
Is Water Wet?
That’s how we answer the question, “Should I have my water tested?” You really can’t be sure what you’re drinking otherwise. Contact Us to schedule your complimentary water quality test, and we’ll advise you on the proper filtering and softening options available.